- ‘Saints Row 4’ developer talks PS4 controllerPosted 53 days ago
- Sony’s Aggressively Approaching Indie Developers for PS4Posted 53 days ago
- Battlefield 4: Official 17 Minutes “Fishing in Baku” Gameplay RevealPosted 53 days ago
- Lots of New PSN Games RevealedPosted 53 days ago
- IGN Reviews : BioShock Infinite Video Review (PC)Posted 53 days ago
Halo 4 Microsoft’s most expensive game
- Updated: October 29, 2012
Studios boss Phil Spencer says Microsoft spent more money making new sci-fi shooter than it has developing any other game.
If Halo 4 is a bust, it won’t be for lack of trying. Microsoft Studios head Phil Spencer told Polygon that the company has spent more money making Halo 4 than it has developing any other game in the company’s history.
“Absolutely. Nothing’s even close,” he said.
Spencer added that the Halo series, which he estimated to be a three billion dollar franchise, is the company’s “most important entertainment product.” Some of Microsoft’s other major franchises include Forza, Fable, and Banjo-Kazooie.
Halo 4 is due exclusively for Xbox 360 on November 6 worldwide. The game is a direct sequel to 2007′s Halo 3 and is the first numbered entry in the series developed outside of Bungie Studios. It is the first installment in the Reclaimer Trilogy, which will span Halo 5 and Halo 6.
A recent Nielsen study found Halo 4 to be the most anticipated holiday 2012 title for Xbox 360 owners.