- ‘Saints Row 4’ developer talks PS4 controllerPosted 55 days ago
- Sony’s Aggressively Approaching Indie Developers for PS4Posted 55 days ago
- Battlefield 4: Official 17 Minutes “Fishing in Baku” Gameplay RevealPosted 55 days ago
- Lots of New PSN Games RevealedPosted 55 days ago
- IGN Reviews : BioShock Infinite Video Review (PC)Posted 55 days ago
Ubisoft Toronto to push mature games: ‘It’s time to grow up’
- Updated: April 17, 2012
Ubisoft Toronto boss Jade Raymond’s said the new Ontario super-studio will push ‘mature’ video games, because “it’s time for our medium to grow up.”
Speaking to CVG in a just-published interview, the ex-Assassin’s Creed producer said she believes games have the potential to be more inspirational art forms than any other type of entertainment.
She said: “I really do feel it’s time for our medium to grow up. I think we don’t need to make the equivalent to a Michael Bay flick in order to sell five million copies. I think things can be exciting, have meaning and hit important topics, and I’m not the only one that thinks that.
“There are major franchises trying to have more meaning and be something more interesting,” she added. “We obviously tried a bit – and I hope it was obvious – to make a story with more meaning and mature themes in Assassin’s Creed.”…