- ‘Saints Row 4’ developer talks PS4 controllerPosted 53 days ago
- Sony’s Aggressively Approaching Indie Developers for PS4Posted 53 days ago
- Battlefield 4: Official 17 Minutes “Fishing in Baku” Gameplay RevealPosted 53 days ago
- Lots of New PSN Games RevealedPosted 53 days ago
- IGN Reviews : BioShock Infinite Video Review (PC)Posted 53 days ago
Prey 2 delayed over quality concerns, but is Human Head still developing it?
- Updated: April 19, 2012
After weeks of speculation that the company had cancelled Prey 2, Bethesda dispelled those rumors on Thursday morning and said it had delayed the game beyond its 2012 release date due to quality issues.
When asked if it had severed ties with the game’s developer Human Head Studios, the published told Gamasutra it is not yet ready to discuss the matter or any other details about the game beyond what it had announced regarding the delay.
“The delay is due to the fact that game development has not progressed satisfactorily this past year, and the game does not currently meet our quality standards,” said Bethesda’s global PR director Tracey Thompson in a statement.
“We have made a substantial investment in game development to deliver the experience fans want,” Thompson added. “We are determined only to release the AAA game that fans rightfully expect, and are unwilling to compromise our quality standards to meet a release schedule.”
Last month reports emerged that Bethesda shelved Prey 2, which was originally announced in 2008. Bethesda chose not to confirm or deny those rumors at the time, and remained silent on the subject until today…