- ‘Saints Row 4’ developer talks PS4 controllerPosted 55 days ago
- Sony’s Aggressively Approaching Indie Developers for PS4Posted 55 days ago
- Battlefield 4: Official 17 Minutes “Fishing in Baku” Gameplay RevealPosted 55 days ago
- Lots of New PSN Games RevealedPosted 55 days ago
- IGN Reviews : BioShock Infinite Video Review (PC)Posted 55 days ago
Kinect Star Wars becomes first Kinect exclusive to lead UK sales charts
- Updated: April 11, 2012
Microsoft and LucasArts’ Kinect Star Wars saw some healthy sales in the UK over the Easter weekend, and became the first Kinect-only game to reach the top spot on the UK’s video game sales chart.
Despite the game’s mixed reviews, the game was the best selling game across all platforms for the week ended April 7, according to data from tracking firm Chart-Track. The game also usurped Electronic Arts’ FIFA Street, which until now had led the charts for three weeks running.
Despite losing the number one position to Kinect Star Wars, however, EA’s games still performed quite well during the week, as the publisher had six individual titles in the top 10, including Mass Effect 3, FIFA 12, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, and more.
Many of EA’s games saw moderate sales boosts over the Easter weekend, as did a handful of older releases. Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, for instance, saw sales increase by 76 percent, while Sega’s Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games saw an increase of 66 percent. Both titles moved up one spot to numbers six and eight, respectively.
Activision’s Skylanders products saw a particularly noticeable bump, as sales increased by 130 percent, pushing the title from position 28 to number 12. A price promotion also pushed Capcom’s Street Fighter X Tekken back onto the top 40 at position 20.
Other than Kinect Star Wars, the only new release this week was Capcom’s Devil May Cry Collection HD, though that title only reached position 18.
Below are Chart-Track’s all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Kinect Star Wars (Microsoft)
2. FIFA Stret (EA)
3. Mass Effect 3 (EA)
4. FIFA 12 (EA)
5. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (EA)
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
7. SSX (EA)
8. Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
9. Battlefield 3 (EA)
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)…
Continue reading on Gamasutra.com