- ‘Saints Row 4’ developer talks PS4 controllerPosted 57 days ago
- Sony’s Aggressively Approaching Indie Developers for PS4Posted 57 days ago
- Battlefield 4: Official 17 Minutes “Fishing in Baku” Gameplay RevealPosted 57 days ago
- Lots of New PSN Games RevealedPosted 57 days ago
- IGN Reviews : BioShock Infinite Video Review (PC)Posted 57 days ago
Medal of Honor: Warfighter announced for autumn 2012
- Updated: February 24, 2012
EA has announced through its Medal of Honor website, that the next addition to the long-running shooter series will arrive this autumn subtitled, Warfighter. This month’s US edition of the Official Xbox Magazine apparently has all the exclusive details.
Right now, it seems the game will be developed entirely by Danger Close, previously known as EA LA, the studio responsible for the campaign mode in 2010′s re-boot of the MoH series. The game will use the Frostbite 2.0 engine – the same tech as Battlefield 3.
Once again, it seems the story will involve so-called Tier 1 operators, elite soldiers working on special missions within enemy territory. As with the previous title, which was largely set in Afghanistan, it’s likely the emphasis will be on real-world tactics and conflicts. This caused some controversy in 2010, when Labour MP Liam Fox complained about the appearance of Taliban fighters in Medal of Honor – however, his comments revealed only a passing knowledge of the game content, and the Labour party distanced itself from his statement. More details on the scenario of the latest title are expected to come to light at the GDC conference in two week’s time….