- ‘Saints Row 4’ developer talks PS4 controllerPosted 514 days ago
- Sony’s Aggressively Approaching Indie Developers for PS4Posted 514 days ago
- Battlefield 4: Official 17 Minutes “Fishing in Baku” Gameplay RevealPosted 514 days ago
- Lots of New PSN Games RevealedPosted 514 days ago
- IGN Reviews : BioShock Infinite Video Review (PC)Posted 514 days ago
Report: Microsoft Points to disappear by year’s end
- Updated: January 24, 2012
Sources speaking to Inside Mobile Apps say that Points will be phased out by the end of the year, giving all the company’s virtual transactions their appropriate real-world values.
If the plan comes to fruition, it would mark a major change for all of Microsoft’s virtual marketplaces, particularly Xbox Live, which has historically relied on Microsoft Points as its primary form of currency.
Inside Mobile Apps reports that some mobile developers have allegedly been told to plan their future game updates based on the impending change. In addition, the report states that all existing Microsoft Points will be converted to match their region’s local currency.