- ‘Saints Row 4’ developer talks PS4 controllerPosted 57 days ago
- Sony’s Aggressively Approaching Indie Developers for PS4Posted 57 days ago
- Battlefield 4: Official 17 Minutes “Fishing in Baku” Gameplay RevealPosted 57 days ago
- Lots of New PSN Games RevealedPosted 57 days ago
- IGN Reviews : BioShock Infinite Video Review (PC)Posted 57 days ago
PlayStation Vita Sales Numbers Revealed
- Updated: December 21, 2011
Update: Japanese gaming blog Andriasang has since reported with more concrete sales numbers for PlayStation Vita, as well as a more reliable day-one shipped number for how many Vitas Sony sent to retailers.
Andriasang cites Media Create with a new number quite close to the 321,407 reported earlier. Apparently, Vita sold a little more than that, closer to 325,000 units in its first 48 hours on the Japanese market. Media Create pegs the “sell-through rate” of Vitas sold to retailers at 65%.
IGN’s Vita Tour
That sell-through rate is based on another Andriasang report from Nikkei. According to that report, Sony has shipped around 500,000 Vitas to Japanese retailers so far, 200,000 short of the 700,000 reported earlier.
Andriasang talks about the “critical” Nikkei article, noting that “the main problem [Vita] has faced at launch is price. [The Nikkei writer] notes that the cheapest purchase, assuming you buy the Wi-Fi model, an 8 gigabyte memory card, and a 5,000 Yen game, would cost you about 33,000 Yen.”
33,000 Yen translates to $423.89.