- ‘Saints Row 4’ developer talks PS4 controllerPosted 52 days ago
- Sony’s Aggressively Approaching Indie Developers for PS4Posted 52 days ago
- Battlefield 4: Official 17 Minutes “Fishing in Baku” Gameplay RevealPosted 52 days ago
- Lots of New PSN Games RevealedPosted 52 days ago
- IGN Reviews : BioShock Infinite Video Review (PC)Posted 52 days ago
Toddler vs Skyrim, Bad Parenting or Important Life Lesson
- Updated: November 21, 2011
I am a big fan of the ESRB game ratings system and the need to have them enforced at the point of sales but this video of a 3 year old playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim shows why nothing can really be done to keep kids away from mature games if the parents don’t cooperate.
This lovely 3 year old learns a hard lesson in why its not nice to bully people when she attacks a Skyrim villager while saying “sword him”. She quickly learns the consequences of “swording people” when the town guards enter the room and kill her character. Her face and reaction are priceless.
From watching this video you can argue that this toddler should not have been allowed to play a ESRB M rated game or you can argue that her parents have tough her an important life lesson in bullying.
Being of a 3 year old girl my self, I have to question the judgment of letting a child this young play this or any other adult oriented game. With that said, I have to agree with some of the youtubers that commented on the carlmdouglas video that this little girl has learned an important life lesson even though a little bit of trauma came along with that lesson.
For now, I will keep my 3 year old girl from learning how to and why not to “sword people”.